Enterprise Backup Administrator (Valencia, Spain)
Updated: May 19
Client: United Nations
Location: Valencia, Spain
Estimated Start Date: 1st July
Initially, 100% remote work is possible until the COVID-19 situation improves.
After this, relocation is expected and required.
To apply for this position, please send your resume at email@example.com referencing the job title. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
IdealStaffs Consulting is looking for a backup specialist who will participate in the administration and operations of Enterprise Backup services.
· Participate in the daily operations of Enterprise Backup
· Administer the Enterprise Backup infrastructure
· Manage the backup clients, schedules and retention periods
· Provide technical support to the users, troubleshoot technical problems and document solutions
· Develop/update tools and scripts to improve and automate the administration of the Enterprise Backup and monitoring
· Administer Enterprise Backup Service charge-back system
· Develop and update procedures and documentation
· The scope of work includes “stand-by” services on a rotation basis during weekends, holidays and outside of normal working hours
Extensive knowledge in the installation and administration of Enterprise Backup systems, preferably EMC Avamar, EMC DataDomain and EMC ECS
· Expert experience in shell scripting (PowerShell, Perl, bash, …)
· Knowledge of Linux/Unix administration
· Knowledge of VMware and virtualization technologies
· Knowledge of Windows and Windows Clusters administration
Knowledge of LAN, WAN as well as Internet technologies and protocols.
Knowledge of Storage Area Networks, Automated Tape Libraries and Tape/Disk Management products.
· Experience with large scale environments
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Proficient in English